04 February 2009

++ The Subsector 19 Project ++

Dear Readers,

As mentioned previously, I have witnessed a great many things in my travels over the past several months. Some sights have inspired me and vindicated my choice to leave the news office, and others have given me cause to return immediately to my life in Sump's Drift. I have given a great deal of thought to my options, especially since the brutal violence I witnessed at The Breach, and it is with a heavy heart that I must now announce the end of the Subsector 19 reports.

It is my intention to establish a network for the efficient sharing of information between Subsector 19 and Sump's Drift, as there are a great deal of settlers and Guild representatives creating new townships and trading posts throughout the area. Despite the rapid growth of these settlements, there is a distinct lack of reliable information available to the majority of these people, and perhaps more alarmingly, a distinct lack of lawful representation. The lack of Enforcer presence in this new "frontier," so to speak, has taken a heavy toll on many innocent travelers - the outbreak of plague. It is my hope that by creating such a network, future incidents might be better managed or even avoided altogether via a "quick-response" citizen's watch and/or Enforcer patrol.

On a more personal note, this will allow me to continue to bring the news of the subsector to all my faithful readers while allowing my life to return to some sense of normalcy. I thank you for your time, and future developments and news will follow once a properly-linked facility can be found and secured.

"Scoop" Yurik, Freelance News-Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Here and Elsewhere